Sunday 24 May 2015

Sushi, anyone?

What more could you ask for during the 'joy' of exam season than home delivered sushi. That's right. Home delivered. 
I have always been a huge fan of sushi and even when becoming a vegetarian meant I couldn't eat fish, that wasn't going to take the wonderful world of sushi away from me. Vegetables, fruit and tofu make fantastic fish replacements.

Since I'm living in Canterbury because of uni I had to hunt out the closest (and best) sushi restaurant I could find. Sushi craving are a real thing. I spend ages googling trying to find somewhere that could satisfy my needs but the only place Google reported back was Wagamama's, which I love but doesn't have sushi. I had given up hope until one day a boy was handing out flyers for the restaurant he works at, and since I can't say no to flyers I took one and low and behold, they sold sushi! And ramen! And other beautiful Japanese dishes.
I went as soon as I could, and it was fantastic. Although small and in a bit of a odd location, the service and food are amazing.
It was only a few months ago that this restaurant decided to open a new, only sushi, sister restaurant right next to it. This meant that sushi was no longer going to be served in the normal restaurant, but rather a new one. Although it is minuscule, the sushi is still amazing and you can see it being made in front of you! I have to admit that I was a bit heartbroken about this sushi-ramen divorce, but then they eased my pain by adding home delivery to the sushi options. And it cheaper to get it at home because of VAT, so I am definitely not complaining anymore.

If anyone in Canterbury doesn't know what I'm talking about:
http://www.mistermiyagi.co.uk/




No comments:

Post a Comment